Dec 6, 2010

Change the Blog Name?

My Mom asked me a couple of months ago, when I announced I was pregnant (okay 8 months ago) a couple of questions.  First there was a shock and awe, "really, really, REALLY?"  It wasn't a happy really, it was one of those, "are you sure, did you pee on the stick correctly" sort of really.  It was followed by a comment about my husband's genitalia being "snipped", why wasn't it "snipped" and when would it now be "snipped".  My mom doesn't have it out for her son-in-law's junk, trust me.  She is just a mom, and my third pregnancy was ... a little less than stellar.  That pregnancy combined with a doctor telling me a year prior, "another pregnancy is not possible, it could put you in the ground," was also not exactly a great omen.

After the really, the snipping, and the trying to talk me off the ledge, she asked one more question.  "Well, I guess you're going to have to change the name of your blogsite."  Huh.  Not something I was really thinking about as the thought of 4 college tuitions, a 3 year old an a newborn, pushing out another infamously large headed Eldridge child to the amazement of doctors and nurses, and general discomfort of the next few months.  Now this?  Change the name of the blog site?!  Admittedly, it was a nice after thought when I was in complete and total denial that this was happening ... and I've spent many a spare moment pondering this question.

A couple of nights ago, bam, it hit me.  I named the website, "The Cat Makes 5" years ago.  It was in ode to the fact that we had 2 children, Jon and I, and a transvestite Shitzu who thinks he is a cat.  Ere go, the #5.  Thinking of the same 5 number, I magically came up with an answer (thank you Rodney Rippon for all of your stellar mathematical teaching skills, apparently I can still add).  We DO have 5.  It's just no longer Jon and I inclusive.  The "cat" really does make 5 with the addition of the 4th boy in a few mere weeks.  Really, it's ironic, and maybe God and I should have discussed naming this whole blog site years ago. I didn't really take the issue to prayer, maybe I should have.  Maybe I should have consulted the powers that be about the fact that what I named my blog sealed my fate.  Unfortunately, I waiver in faith.

So there you have it.  The blog site name will not be changed for my 4 followers (yeah, you know who you are).  It will for now and forevermore remain, "The Cat Makes 5".  That 5 number won't change ... ever ... ever ... ever again unless there is another immaculate conception that is going to take place.  Mom has stopped saying, "really" and changed her response to, "I'm so sorry."  She's not sorry there's a baby on the way, oh no, she's sorry her daughter's body isn't exactly cooperative carrying around said baby.  I'm a horrible "vessel" to bring this child to earth.  God bless surrogates.  As for Jon's "situation", the lengthy, adinfinitum medical visits, lab workups, etc due to said pregnancy have successfully met our deductible for this and every other subsequent lifetime (thank you for good insurance, that's in the prayers tonight along with thank you for vasectomies).  This deductible situation lasts until December 31 ... again, a math problem.  This means Jon's ability to procreate lasts ... you got it. 

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad the name isn't changing. Good luck with baby number 4. As always I enjoyed your newest blog. Keep up with the writing.

Debbie said...

I don't know... The Cat Makes 7 has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Cortney said...

Aunt Debbie ... talk like that will get u a fast backhand! Love ya!

Debbie said...

WHAT??? The 'cat' will make 7 you know... I'm not adding anyone here! lol

AND THE CAT MAKES 5

AND THE CAT MAKES 5
Caesar, aka the "CAT", donning his baseball opening day attire.

Eldridge's Circa 1995