Jan 26, 2008

UNO Pizzaria New Hampshire ...

In case you cannot read the below scanned letter, I have "translated" changing none of the spelling or grammar so that you can get the full emotional impact of the "UNO Pizzaria" incident. Yes, in a nutshell, (or fingernail) I ordered a pasta dish there called Spinoccoli. The serving was huge, so I took the remainder home to eat the next day. I warmed it up, took a big bite out of it, and pulled a fingernail (not mine, mind you, and not like a lee press on nail., someone's literal bit off and chewed fingernail) from between my teeth. I called UNO to express my "displeasure" and this was my response letter. Uh, yeah. I can laugh about it now. Just another reason I love this place!

"Dear Courtney Eldridge (notice the wrong name spelling), I wouuld first like to apologize to you for finding a finger nail insiide your left over spinnocolis. i can understand that feeling you must have had. We at UNO's strive for 100% cleanliness and sanitation but we missed out on this opportunity. Our standard when it come to food preperation is above and beyond what the state of New Hampshire is, but we failed. I myself has taken it that all of the kitchen staff from the dishwashers to the line cook wear gloves at all times. This is also a compamy policy that we failed to achieve that day. I know it will be tough to come back to our location but enclosed is a $40.00 gift vard good any any UNO location. Again our deepest apology and I hope you give us here in Tilton another try as we strive to be the best in our class."




AND THE CAT MAKES 5

AND THE CAT MAKES 5
Caesar, aka the "CAT", donning his baseball opening day attire.

Eldridge's Circa 1995